Engineers Australia is a participant in the International Engineering Alliance, comprising of engineering organisations and government agencies that have implemented agreements of substantial equivalence such as the APEC Engineering Agreement and the International Professional Engineer Agreement.
An in principal agreement was reached at a meeting of the International Engineering Alliance to implement an agreement for International Professional Engineers. This agreement covers the substantial equivalence of assessment requirements for practitioners with a standing equivalent to our Professional Engineers.
Registrants on the Register of International Professional Engineers Australia, are entitled to use the postnominal IntPE(Aus).
The eligibility criteria for registration on the Register of International Professional Engineers Australia as set out in the Assessment Statement are:
- Successful completion of an Engineers Australia accredited or recognised undergraduate engineering course
- Assessment by Engineers Australia as eligible for Chartered Status
- A minimum of seven years practical experience since graduation
- At least two years in responsible charge of significant engineering work
- Maintenance of continuing professional development at a satisfactory level
FIEAust CPEng and FIEAust CPEng NER members of Engineers Australia are automatically eligible to apply for registration on the Register of International Professional Engineers without further assessment. To apply, complete the FIEAust application form.
MIEAust CPEng and MIEAust CPEng NER who meet the eligibility criteria should complete the MIEAust application form and attach the supporting documents.
More information on the agreement for International Professional Engineers, including the signatories to the agreement, can be found by clicking here.