About NER Search
Engineers Australia (EA) recently introduced a new registration framework called the National Engineering Register (NER).
When you are listed on the NER it becomes a badge of professionalism, demonstrating professional recognition and public trust.
Registration and application fees:
- EA Members pay an assessment fee of AU$346.50 (GST incl.) which includes registration on the NER for the remainder of the current membership subscription year.
- Non-members pay an assessment fee of AU$577.50 (GST incl.) which includes registration on the NER for the remainder of the current financial year (30 June). Thereafter an annual fee of AU$166 (GST incl.) will apply until 30 June 2020. From 1 July 2020, the annual fee is AU$179 (incl. GST).
- Overseas EA members pay a GST exclusive assessment fee of AU$315 which includes registration on the NER for the remainder of the current membership subscription year.
- Overseas non-members pay a GST exclusive assessment fee of AU$525 which includes registration on the NER for the remainder of the current financial year (30 June).
- The Chartered assessment fee for EA members seeking Chartered includes the NER registration fee for the balance of the current EA membership subscription year in which Chartered is obtained.
- An NER renewal fee will be invoiced with your EA membership renewal annually. The current annual fee is AU$109 (GST incl.).
Already on the Register?
If you are already on the NER and wish to add a further area of practice, apply here.
The cost for members to add an additional area of practice is AU$346.50 (GST incl) and for overseas members AU$315.
Registered Professional Engineers Queensland (RPEQ)
Queensland is currently the only Australian jurisdiction to apply regulatory registration for engineers. Being listed as a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) is a formal recognition of the qualification (or equivalent), experience and competency of an engineer. Only those who have been assessed in the occupational category of Professional Engineer are eligible to become RPEQ.
If you are a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng), you automatically qualify for a letter of assessment from Engineers Australia. You can download your letter of assessment from MyPortal.
If you are registered on the National Engineering Register (NER) in the occupational category of Professional Engineer, you also qualify for a letter of assessment. You can download your letter of assessment from MyPortal.
You will need your letter of assessment when making an application to become an RPEQ with the Board of Professional Engineers Queensland.
If you need further information, contact the Member Services Team at [email protected] or on +612 6270 6555 or Toll Free: 1300 653 113.
Member services are available Mon–Fri 8:30am–6pm AEST
Documents, forms and support links
- CPD Activity Report (XLSX 11kb)
- Statutory Declaration template (PDF 494kb)
- Acquired Competence Worksheet (PDF 607kb)
- CPD Types and Conditions (PDF 289kb)
- NER Application Guidelines (PDF 122kb)
- NER FAQs (PDF 183kb)
- PII Information Sheet (PDF 185kb)
- Work Experience Statement Guideline (PDF 190kb)