Engineers Australia produces a range of statistical resources to inform policy development.
The Engineering Profession - A Statistical Overview
This compendium of statistics and analysis is the most comprehensive of its kind for the engineering profession. It is a great resource for policy makers across portfolios, especially when a deep understanding of engineering workforce trends is required. Download the 13th edition (2017) here (pdf, 5.5MB).
Infrastructure in the Budget
The 2017 Commonwealth budget for infrastructure is less exciting for its headline figures than it is for a shift towards more sensible project funding and use of infrastructure plans. This Policy Note examines that shift and, to assess promises against action, compares federal budget infrastructure allocations with spending outcomes.
Employment market Analysis
This policy note examines the engineering labour market in Australia by analysing the direction of change in engineering vacancy numbers. It includes trends over the last decade, and to the end of year 2016. Updated quarterly, you can download the latest copy here (pdf, 0.8MB).
Higher Education Analysis
An adjunct to the Statistical Overview, this series of reports analyses the supply of engineers through Australian universities on a state-by-state basis.
- Click here to download the report for Queensland (pdf, 1.1MB).
- Click here to download the report for New South Wales (pdf, 1.1MB).
- Click here to download the report for Victoria (pdf, 1.2MB).
- Click here to download the report for South Australia (pdf, 1.2MB).
- Click here to download the report for Western Australia (pdf, 1.2MB).
- Click here to download the report for Tasmania and the territories (pdf, 0.6MB).