If you have any questions, have encountered technical issues or need help, please contact our Member Services team on 1300 653 113 or [email protected]
Applicants can anticipate the following estimated time frames:
- Evidence Discussion - within 3 weeks of enrollment
- Evidence Assessment - within 5 weeks of submission
- Professional Interview - within 4 weeks of confirmation of eligibility
The Professional Interview is your opportunity to authenticate your involvement and ownership of the evidence already presented in your application to date, for Engineers Australia to see the depth and breadth of your engineering knowledge and experience in your requested areas of practice, and your chance to show your commitment to high standards of professionalism and your demonstrated understanding of ethical behaviour. It is also an opportunity for the Assessor, occasionally supported by a panellist, to explore further any competency.
If you wish, you can prepare a short presentation, introducing yourself and highlighting the key projects/activities that you have undertaken that you believe illustrate your growth and achievements as an engineering professional, but this is not compulsory.
An understanding of the Chartered competencies, the definitions of engineering activities and engineering problems and how these are reflected in your engineering practice is essential.
When your application is at the point of Ready for Interview, one of our team will contact you to make appropriate arrangements. Your Interview may take place face to face in our Offices, via Skype or similar Video-conference arrangements. We do need to sight you to cross check with your photo ID provided with your application. The Interview should typically take 30 minutes but may take longer.
At the end of the Interview, you will normally be advised of your Chartered outcome, however the Engineers Australia Assessor reserves the right to consider the Interview prior to advising an outcome.
If Engineers Australia awards Chartered Status, you will receive a confirmation email from the Chartered application system and your official Certificate will be in the mail soon after.
If Engineers Australia does not award Chartered Status, you will be advised accordingly and provided with appropriate guidance for submission of additional information or invited to attend a new Interview after a set period. You do have the right of appeal if you believe the outcome given is unfair. Please contact Engineers Australia for details of the Appeals procedure.
- Make sure you completely understand the Chartered competencies and reread your evidence presented to Engineers Australia in your application to date.
- Ensure you understand Engineers Australia’s Code of Ethics and Ethical behaviour principles, sustainability principles, the current engineering environment and how it impacts on you (ie regulation, major changes to codes & legislations, OHS etc)
- Keep the objective of Chartered in mind!
- Talk to others who have become Chartered – get some hints & tips.
- Anticipate questions you may be asked and know what your responses may be.
- Be confident – we understand you will have nerves, but Engineers Australia would not have invited you to the Professional Interview, if from the evidence presented to date, we didn’t think you were ready for this final step.
An opportunity to hear about the enhanced Chartered application process.
The information sessions will:
- Provide an overview of the enhanced process
- Provide an overview of Evidence options that can be provided for Chartered
- Include an audience Q&A session
Please refer to your local event listings for further information on local session times.