It's time to take the next step
Graduating as a fully-qualified engineer is a huge accomplishment and is the start of the next phase of your life. Becoming a Graduate member of Engineers Australia is a great way to get your new career off to the best start.
What you get
With Graduate membership you’ll get access to exclusive events, tools and resources to help you launch your career, including:
- Young Engineers Australia events tailored to graduates
- A members-only jobs board with early career opportunities
- Globally recognised post-nominals
- Access to our Mentor Match program to help you navigate your early career
- Events to help you build your technical skills and network
- Free fortnightly CPD webinars and tech talks exclusively for graduate members
- A library of resources and learning materials
- Regular news and information to keep you up-to-date
- Opportunities to volunteer or get involved in advocacy
- A member rewards program with discounts across a wide range of goods and services
*Offer available to eligible applicants with a graduation date post 30 June 2021.
You can become a Graduate member with Engineers Australia if you have:
- completed an accredited or recognised Australian engineering qualification or
- passed an Engineers Australia membership competency assessment or migration skills assessment, and
- have less than three years post-graduate work experience in the engineering industry.
If you have at least three years post-graduate work experience, you can join as a non-graduate member.
If you are studying a postgraduate engineering course, you may be eligible to join as a Graduate member and receive a concession on membership fees. Contact our member services team to find out more.
We know that when you’re starting out, it’s not always an easy choice to invest in your future. That’s why for the first three years of graduate membership we offer lower fees – for all the same great benefits.
If you’ve recently graduated, you could also be eligible for free membership through to end June.
How to apply
If you’re new to Engineers Australia, you’ll need to start by creating an account in our member portal.
You’ll also need the following documents:
- primary piece of identification, such as a passport photo page, current driver licence or copy of your birth certificate
- qualification certificate (testamur) or Letter of Completion if you haven’t yet received your award
- academic transcript.
If you’re already a Student member with Engineers Australia, you can login to your account and follow the steps to upgrade to Graduate membership.
Your acceptance as a Graduate member gives you the opportunity to start your career with prestigious post-nominals that add to your credibility. Depending on your occupational category, you’ll gain one of the following post-nominals:
- Associate Graduate (GradAIEAust)
- Technologist Graduate (GradTIEAust)
- Graduate (GradIEAust)
*View terms and conditions.