Engineers Australia’s project awards recognises Australia’s top engineering projects and the teams behind them. Engineering project teams submit their entries locally through an Engineers Australia division. Each division chooses a finalist project team who goes on to compete with other divisional finalists. A national winner is then chosen from the division finalists and is awarded Project of the Year.
The winning team receives a trophy and digital badges to use on social media and in email signatures at an Engineers Australia awards event. Team members also receive coverage of their project in create magazine and across other Engineers Australia digital channels.
To be nominated for a project award your project must have been completed between the dates specified in the project awards handbook.
If your project is ongoing or is part of a larger project, the engineering portion needs to have been completed within the timeframe set out in the handbook.
Nominees can nominate their project or be nominated by someone else. To be considered, your project must meet the following criteria and be weighted as noted:
- Contribution towards Engineers Australia’s purpose to advance society through great engineering and strategic priorities – 30 per cent.
- Formulation of resourceful, innovative and elegant engineering solutions or pioneering use of materials or methods – 30 per cent.
- Contribution to sustainable and inclusive ethical practices – 30 per cent.
- Extent to which the work has delivered excellence – 10 per cent.
Include the following with your application:
- Official project title.
- State or region of entry (note that you need to nominate your project through one of Engineers Australia’s division locations).
- Engineering discipline or area that you’re applying under, for example design, construction, project management, operation and maintenance.
- Description of your project (500 words max).
- Project completion dates.
- Four high-quality photos of your project.
- Project video (optional at nomination stage).
Terms and conditions
You must agree to the following terms and conditions before you can enter a nomination for the Project Award.
- Entrants must agree to a two-stage judging process and non-refundable fee $1100 must be paid at stage one.
- Payment of the entry fee must be made online.
- Engineers Australia staff may not prepare a nomination on behalf of a nominee.
- There is to be no monetary gain or other direct inducement or incentive provided to a nominator, nominee or employer of either party.
- Engineers Australia staff will not participate in the judging or voting process, however they may provide advice to judging panels as requested.
- The judges’ decision relating to any of these awards is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- When nominees agree to the terms and conditions, Engineers Australia:
- may require the nominee to be interviewed by the judges
- has the right to use the content of the nominee’s submission for promotional purposes.